(up to 2018)
|Danny Patterson has been playing drums for over 30 years starting at his local church in his Dad's country-gospel
band, Gospel In Song. Danny plays acoustic drum kit, electronic drum kit, various hand percussion and several
stringed instruments such as the guitar, bass guitar and mandolin.
Danny performed on the drums at 201 concerts and recording sessions in 2017 with 18 different artists in genres
such as folk, rock, jazz, pop, hip-hop, country and blues.
Danny plays regularly with the following bands: JOHNNY AND THE SPINSATIONS (oldies cover band);
MYSTERY LOVES COMPANY (original chamber rock); and with his Dad's band GOSPEL IN SONG.
Danny is a member of ASCAP and the Percussive Arts Society.
Salyers Percussion, Motion-Pro Drum Thrones, SledgePad, The Drum Wallet, Black Widow Drum Web,
7drums, Sensaphonics & TnR Products
(Partial list of) VENUES and FESTIVALS performed:
The Astro Hall (during Rodeo Houston)
George R Brown Convention Center
Houston City Hall
Sam Houston Race Park
The Strawberry Festival (Pasadena, TX)
Pearland Stadium (Pearland, TX)
Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center (Midland, TX)
Terrell Performing Arts Center (Terrell, TX)
Ocotillo Performing Arts Center (Artesia, NM)
Abraham Chavez Theater (El Paso, TX)
Caldwell Auditorium (Tyler, TX)
Fitzgerald's - Upstairs
Phildel during her 2013 US/Canada Tour (Austin, TX only)
William Florian during the TX & New Mexico dates for his "Those Were The Days Tour" (2013, 2014, 2015)
Psalms Recording Studio in Houston, TX
Dove Media in Houston, TX
Studio Crash in Philadelphia, PA
Lucky Run Studio in Houston, TX
ARTISTS & BANDS:
A list of Artists/Bands Danny has worked with over the years can be found Here
- - - John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) "Good Times Bad Times" and "Moby Dick"
- - - Keith Moon (The Who) "Young Man Blues", from the album, LIVE AT LEEDS
- - - Buddy Rich I saw a video of him doing a drum solo and that did it for me
- - - Gene Krupa "Sing, Sing, Sing", from the Benny Goodman album, LIVE AT CARNAGIE HALL
- - - Ringo Starr (The Beatles) "Tomorrow Never Knows" and "Come Together"
- - - Sonny Patterson (Danny's Dad) He taught me my 1st three chords & showed me a lot about playing rhythm
- - - John Fogerty "Suzie Q" and "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
- - - Eric Clapton "Got To Hurry" (Yardbirds), "Sunshine Of Your Love", and "Crossroads" (Cream)
- - - Jimmy Page "Think About It" (The Yardbirds), "Bron-Yr-Aur", and "Achilles Last Stand" (Led Zeppelin)
- - - Juliana Hatfield The albums ONLY EVERYTHING, BED and TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE
- - - John Entwistle (The Who) "My Generation" (listen to his bass solo in this song)
- - - John Paul Jones "Good Times Bad Times" (Led Zeppelin) and most of his solo album ZOOMA